ZB131 is a proprietary humanized monoclonal antibody against cell surface plectin (CSP) a cancer target identified through Zielfind™. CSP is highly expressed on the plasma membrane of multiple types of cancer cells including, ovarian, pancreatic, lung and colorectal. Multiple publications on CSP and cancer can be found here.
Extensive pre-clinical laboratory and animal research has demonstrated that ZB131 :
- Binds to CSP with high affinity, inducing growth arrest and necrosis of CSP-positive tumor cells
- Inhibits cancer cell migration, reducing metastatic potential
- Induces a striking three-fold increase in tumor-infiltrating activating T-cells
- Causes complete tumor regression and protection from tumor re-challenge in a syngeneic immunocompetent mouse model
Potentially Superior to Current Immuno-Oncology Therapies
- Immune activation exceeding checkpoint inhibitors like ipilumumab and nivolumab
- Greater direct tumor cell killing than trastuzumab and cetuximab
ZB131 is primed for investment to enable rapid clinical development across multiple orphan and major cancer indications.
– ZB131 expercted to be well-tolerated; no normal tissue expression / no safety findings in rodents (ZB131 binds to murine CSP/Plectin)
– ZB131 monotherapy shows greater efficacy in preclinical models than other approved functional antibodies and IO agents
– ZB131 demonstrates synergistic activity with SOC chemotherapy providing an opportunity for clinical outcomes and early line therapy options
– Low ZB131 manufacturing risk with favorable developability assessement completed
– Additional modalities targeting CSP are possible (ADC, bispecifics, targeted cell-based therapy, etc)